To those who eagerly await the golden glory of Spring, we have bad news. Last week, Punxsutawney Phil, the legendary groundhog of Pennsylvania, emerged from his hole only to catch sight of his shadow. This year, we’ll have to suffer through another six weeks of winter before we can rip off our winter coats and throw on our cowboy boots.
Yes, you heard right! C-O-W-B-O-Y B-O-O-T-S. According to fashion industry buzz, cowboy boots are predicted to make a comeback this spring as well as ‘60s floral print and ‘90s Matrix sunglasses. Don’t believe us? Just look at recent photos of Bella Hadid, RiRi, or, our favorite spring breaker, Selena Gomez.
Starting to sweat because your current wardrobe consists primarily of oversized sweatshirts and fuzzy socks? Don’t worry. We have you covered. To make your life easier, we have compiled a short, simplified list of industry trends to help you kick-off the start of Spring!
- Lavender. Not millennium pink. Lavender.
- Clothes. Who even needs them? Throw on a tulle skirt or dress over your undergarments, and you should be fine.
- Looking for something a little more durable? Try pairing a transparent, plastic coat with matching Lucite shoes and/or a clear handbag.
- Denim! Denim! Denim! (Dark) Denim everything.
- Need a little more pizzazz? Show off fun and daring prints this Spring! (e.g. patriotic stars and strips, shimmer and art-infused prints).
- Let loose with feather and fringe adorned garments, jewelry, shoes, and purses!
- Embrace the sun by following Kim K.’s lead. Buy yourself a pair of must-have cycling shorts.
- Or, for a more conservative day-look, try out a utilitarian jumpsuit.
- For those brisk spring mornings or chilly evenings, sport windbreakers, parkas, or anoraks.
- Go big or go home! That’s our motto when it comes to accessorizing. Be bold this spring, and flaunt statement pieces, such as straw hats.
P.S. These are some honorable mentions we loved: industrial-grade rubber apparel, ruching, asymmetrical necklines, fanny packs, black and white polka dots, white tank tops/pantsuits, puffy shoulders