Eleven months ago, I posted about my first 30 days at Curator. Given I've now been here a full year, I thought it appropriate to look back and see if my observations have stood the test of time (or at least 335 days). Let's take a look:
1. Our street is made of bricks. - STILL MADE OF BRICKS. STILL AWESOME.
2. We have a sports bar downstairs... - WE JUST NEED THEM TO CARRY GLASS VODKA AND THE CIRCLE WILL BE COMPLETE.
3. Ebbets Field Flannels... - I STILL WANT THEIR SIGNS.
4. Coffee... - I'M GOING WITH UMBRIA. THE STUFF SCOTT BREWS IS TOO STRONG (BUT IT KEEPS US GOING!)
5. Gym... - SHAMING ME LATELY, BUT GOT BACK IN THE SADDLE THIS WEEK AND AM STILL THE FIRST ONE IN THE OFFICE EACH DAY!
6. Klondike Mercantile... - ALAS, I HAVE NOT PURCHASED ANYTHING.
7. Pearl Jam twenty... - I'VE SEEN CLIENTS THUMB THROUGH IT.
8. Weekends and random stuff... - WE'RE NOT ONLY IN HERE, WE'RE POSTING PHOTOS ON INSTAGRAM.
9. My office... - STILL LOOKS MORE LIVED-IN THAN SCOTT'S (THOUGH HE GETS PROPS FOR HIS NEW DESK, CHAIRS AND GETTING PICTURES UP ON THE WALLS).
10. Scott Battishill, Ann Marie Ricard, Julia Rachlin, Lisa Kennelly, Matthew Robinson and Megan Andrus. - WELL, JULIA'S NOW A MCGAVRAN, LISA LIVES IN CANADA AND WE'VE ADDED ANNIE, CHELSEY, JOHANNA, PAUL AND SHAWN, TO BOOT. LIKE!
What else? In the past year, we've added at least a dozen new clients, an entire Creative Department, had a terrific offsite retreat a couple weeks ago, and have come up with more thought-provoking, engaging ideas than you can shake a stick at.
I'm having more fun than I have in a long time and it's in large part due to my awesome coworkers (even Matthew) and their smart, strategic ideas and creativity.
Here's to the next 365 days!