When we learned that our newest clients refer to their on-the-ground local team members as “curators” we knew we’d get along.
Gilt City, a client we helped launch in Seattle this week, stands apart from other “deal sites” by seeking out one-of-a-kind experiences and unique offers to provide a limited quantity to members – in other words, “curating” the best Seattle has to offer.
As part of the soft launch – which includes offers at hotspots like RN74 and Spaahh at Hotel 1000 – we’re working with local bloggers to keep the buzz going about distinctive Seattle experiences. If you check out the hashtag #cityscoop today, you’ll see what some of the savviest Seattle bloggers have to say about their favorite things to do, eat and see in the city.
Needless to say, we couldn’t resist chiming in with our own local faves. Next time you’re in our Pioneer Square, make sure you have this handy cheat-sheet with you.
Our 10 Favorite Things to do in Pioneer Square
1. Grab an espresso while checking out the local art at our bustling corner coffee shop, Zeitgeist.
2. Wander through the Waterfall Garden, an inner-city oasis.
3. Brave the line at Salumi for some of the best sandwiches in the city.
4. Spend Thursday afternoons exploring the vendors of The Seattle Square market in Occidental Square Park.
5. Except for the first Thursday of every month, when you’ll find us getting some culture at the First Thursday Art Walk.
6. Pretend you’re in Italy - order a cone of gelato at Caffe Umbria, sit at an outdoor table and savor the first-rate people-watching.
7. Cheer on the parading masses of scarf-clad Sounders fans in their traditional pre-match march to CenturyLink Field.
8. Enjoy happy hour bites and drinks at F.X. McRory’s (a quick elevator ride from Curator HQ).
9. Marvel at the tree sweaters (yes, tree sweaters) in Occidental Square Park.
10. Visit team Curator at our office!